1) What is the Per Diem Rate?
2) Will I receive Per Diem & BAH?
3) Can I “make money” on the per diem lodging rate?
4) Are rentals available to non government or non military travelers?
5) Do you have a minimum stay?
6) How does TDY Stay differ from Temporary Base Lodging at a Post VOQ/BOQ Facility?
7) How much is the monthly rent?
8) How do I reserve a furnished rental?
TDY Stay – Frequently Asked Questions
- 1) What is the Per Diem Rate?
The Per Diem Rate will vary by duty assignment location, and is usually comprised of a Lodging Rate, and a Meals & Incidentals Rate. It’s generally a good idea to perform a Per Diem Rate Query prior to travel to check rates.
- 2) Will I receive Per Diem & BAH?
Maybe – Generally a traveler who is on a TDY assignment is on official short-term travel, and when authorized per diem it is expected that a service member will receive BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing) at the rate of their home station (or in some cases home of record) in order to maintain housing quarters for when they return to their permanently assigned unit.
- 3) Can I “make money” on the per diem lodging rate?
No – Lodging is a “get what you spend” up to the maximum per diem lodging rate. The Per Diem Lodging Rate is paid at a flat rate based on the nightly expense. Per Diem Meals on the other hand is paid at a flat rate regardless of what is spent, so money can be “made” on meals, but not lodging while on official travel. For a more complete explanation see TDY Lodging’s explanation of Per Diem Rates, allowances, & entitlements.
- 4) Are rentals available to non government or non military travelers?
Yes – Although the government & military is a large share of our travel market, we are also available to the general public for use as vacation rentals, corporate housing, insurance temporary housing, or temporary use while relocating for the purchase or sale of a home.
- 5) Do you have a minimum stay?
Yes – Currently our minimum stay is 30 nights.
- 6) How does TDY Stay differ from Temporary Base Lodging at a Post VOQ/BOQ Facility?
We offer better amenities an more space. TDY Stay amenities may include:
- A full Kitchen with housewares
- All Linens Provided
- Use of a washer and dryer, saving you money
- Complimentary Housekeeping
- Privacy and Convenience
- The comforts of a private residence
- Covered Parking -or- Garage
- All Utilities Included (+ Cable & Internet)
- Extra storage space
- A backyard or patio area
- 7) How much is the monthly rent?
Monthly rent is generally due in advance and is pro-rated based on the number of nights staying per month. Our nightly rate generally coincides with the Federal GSA Per Diem Lodging Rate, although rates may slightly vary by property.
- 8) How do I reserve a furnished rental?
Reservations are always welcome in advance. We’ll make it a priority to fully care for all of your needs. Please contact us for availability.
Don’t See Your Question Here? Contact Us for additional information.