Army PCS Move & Permissive TDY

Military PCS Move Entitlements & Benefits

Military service members on PCS (Permanent Change of Station) reassignment orders are generally reassigned for 1-3 years.  Soldiers will stay in either base or post housing, or they will stay off base and receive BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing).  BAH is a stipend which is paid to the Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine Corps member to offset the cost of local rent/mortgage and utilities.

TDY Travel Entitlements & Pay

A TDY (Temporary Duty Assignment) is generally a short term assignment lasting either a few days or weeks, or long as 180 days.  Although rare, under certain circumstances some TDY assignments may be extended for as long a s a year with a special waiver.  TDY travel is supported by the payment of Government Per Diem Rates which resets once a year, and may vary throughout the year based on the duty location.  Per Diem is broken down into two categories, one for TDY Lodging, and the other for Meals & Incidental Expenses.